Question 15)
I find the end of the book quite hard to take. Like I thought, the whole novel, Peeta really did love Katniss. Actually, I am surprised that Haymitch hadn't trained him at all in the arena. I thought he should know the plan a bit. It breaks my heart now that he figured out it was all fake on Katniss' part, and it breaks my heart for Katniss that she didn't know. I truly do believe Katniss feels emotions for Peeta, but she needs time away from all the violence and killing to sort her feelings out. She's only 16. She's our age, and she just witness the deaths of 22 people. Nobody can take that. I know I couldn't. What are your final thoughts on the novel? Do you feel bad for Katniss? How do you think Katniss should have handled the situation? Anything else you would like to say?
~Rebecca
The ending was okay. I truthfully don't feel bad for Katniss. She brought her own pain upon herself. If she had been smarter there were plenty of signs that showed that Peeta really loved her. I'm not really sure if there was a better way to handle the mess Katniss got herself into. I wish Rue was still alive.
ReplyDeleteMadison OoO