Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Gamemakers

The Gamemakers control everything in the arena, from the weather to what wild animals are put in the arena to attack the tributes. People in the capital bet on tributes who they think are going to win. If a Gamemaker is betting on someone, could the  Gamemaker have the other tributes die "accidentally"? What rules do you think  the Gamemakers work by if any? Do you think there involvement in the game is completely necessary, the fire, the mutts, the weather or do you think they could of just built a smaller arena?

Madison OoO

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to be honest, reading the second book right now has got me very confused, but I will try to stick with the first one. I think the Gamemakers do what President Snow says, and you find this out in the second book. I think that is somewhat predictable though, because if you don't do what he says, you are killed. I think the Gamemakers do what they do to force action to happen. For emample, the mutts were created to force Katniss/Peeta and Cato together. Otherwise, who knows how long the two groups would meet before they fought. Same thing with the draining water. I do think the Gamemakers can kill who they want, but only under orders. The berries Katniss pulls was a bit of a sign of government rebellion (same with the flowers on Rue) and they might kill her for that.
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete