When Cato gets attacked by the mutts it takes a whole night and a little more for him to be killed and in the end it is Katniss's arrow to his head that kills him. I own several animals all them when given something they want to eat gobble it up like there is no tomorrow. This makes me wonder are the mutts even real animals or some robots made to look like animals? How do you feel about the people of Panem after Katniss said "No viewer could turn away from the show now" (Collins 339) as Cato is getting eaten by the mutts? Are the viewers pardoned for their actions since they know no better?
Madison OoO
I believe that the mutts are government mutations. They act however the government wants them to act. If the government programs them to induce a slow, painful death, then that is what they are going to do. As for the people of Panem, I do not think they know better. In 1984, people cheer when the enemy is killed. Remember how people watched the child get blown to pieces? Same goes here. These people are brainwashed into thinking that a slow, painful, bloody death of a teenager is enjoyable. Now, I believe that mostly goes for Capital people. I can't imagine Prim or Katniss' mother enjoying it. Can you?
ReplyDelete~Rebecca