Sunday, November 21, 2010

Costumes

"I'm in a simple black unitard that covers me from ankle to neck. Cinna plans to light them on fire" (Collins 67). Why do you think Cinna is trying to make them stand out instead of doing what the other stylist have done in the years before, making them wear overalls or nothing at all? How would you feel about wearing Cinna's costume? If you could design a costume for District 12 what would it look like?

Madison OoO

1 comment:

  1. I think Cinna took a different route with the costume because he is new and likes to make statements with his costumes. Katniss would be more memorable if her costume wasn't like her predecessors. I would love to wear the costume, but like Katniss, I would be afraid at first of being burned alive. If the fire didn't harm me, I would be really excited to wear it! If I designed a costume for District 12, I would try to make it resemble fire like Cinna did. Maybe it would have a lot of shiny red and orange fabrics that catch the light.
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete