Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Others

When the games first start Katniss and Peeta play the couple card. They show affection for each other through out the game, like when Peeta is sick and Katniss kisses him a lot to get him to do what she wants him to do. At first when I read this I thought doesn't she care what Gale thinks about her, but then I started wonder what about the rest of district 12, her mom and sister, or Peeta's family. How do you think they felt and reacted? Please be specific on how each person felt and their reaction.

Madisson OoO

1 comment:

  1. First off, I will try to be as unbiased as possible in my answer. I'm a huge supporter of Katniss and Peeta together, and it's very hard for me not to slam Gale and everything he stands for, but I won't.
    Gale: Gale probably felt somewhat jealous. They really blur the line between close friends and lovers, so he is either jealous that she has a new, better friend or jealous that she has a lover. Also, he may be smart enough to figure out it's fake. For some reason, I don't feel Katniss is the best actress. Of course, the bubble heads of the Capitol would be tricked by her bad acting, but I don't think Gale would.
    Mom: I don't think her mom would care if she was with Peeta. As long as it wasn't anything promiscuous, I don't think she would care. Actually, I don't even think she would have to worry about that. In fact, she's probably happy that Katniss has found love. I do think her mother is worried sick, though, about Katniss coming home.
    Prim: As a sister, I really want my brother to find love. I'm sure Prim is thrilled that Katniss has a "boyfriend". But, I think Prim is more concerned about Katniss' safety then her romantic life.
    Peeta's family: Well, his mom is abusive, so I bet she wouldn't even care if Peeta died, so the romance probably doesn't even cross her mind. Peeta's father on the other hand, seems to care about both Katniss and Peeta. Since it's extremely obvious that Peeta really has loved Katniss his whole life, his dad is probably thrilled that he got the girl he wanted. I'm sure he's a proud papa when he's not worrying about his son's life.
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete