Saturday, November 13, 2010

Q1) Prim and the reaping

Question 1)
I was always touched by the fact that Katniss stepped in for Prim at the reaping.  Why do you think she did that?  Does she not realize that her family probably cannot fend for themselves while she is gone?  Do you think she's going to ask Gale to fend for her family?  Besides the obvious reason of love, what other reasons do you believe there are for Katniss stepping in for Prim?  Would you do the same for Elijah?
~Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. I think Katniss replaced Prim because it was her natural instinct to protect her sister. Not only does she love her sister but they have been through a lot together. There fathers death, starving, and there mother giving up on life. I really don't think she thought about the consequences of her actions, like not being there to take care of her family. If Prim went to the Hunger Games Katniss would only have her mother to take care of and Katniss doesn't feel to strongly about her mother. Katniss probably didn't think to much about her mothers feeling and only of Prim. If Elijah's name was picked for the Hunger Games I not sure what I'd do.
    I would want to protect him because I'm the oldest and I feel like that's my duty, but he's a boy and hes only a few years younger than me. I don't know if he would let me step in for him.

    Madison OoO

    ReplyDelete