Question 4) "But because two can play at this game, I stand on tiptoe and kiss his cheek. Right on his bruise (Collins 72)." Here, Katniss is trying to get back at Peeta for his supposed "good boy" tactics. I do not understand how this is getting Peeta back for his "games". Is kissing him on his bruise playing the same game he is? What do you think she is getting at here?
~Rebecca
I think the reason Katniss kissed him on the head doesn’t really have anything to do with Katniss's strategy for the game. I think Katniss is trying to tell Peeta that she knows he’s just being nice so that he can get her off guard and then kill her. To an outsider the kiss would look nice, because kisses represent happiness. But Katniss kissed his bruise to give him a warning, because bruises represent hurt or pain.
ReplyDeleteMadison OoO