Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Prim or Rue

In the book Katniss thinks about Rue in a friendly way because Rue reminds Katniss of her sister Prim. Even when Rue is about to die Katniss is still thinking about Rue connected to her sister not Rue as her own person. "But if this is Prim's, I mean, Rue's last request" (Collins 234). Why do think the author put this quote in the book?  Do you think Katniss would have allied up with Rue if Rue didn't remind her of her sister?  
Madison OoO

1 comment:

  1. This is an excellent question. I think that a big motivation behind Katniss' actions is the fact that Rue reminds her of Prim. It's her little connection to home. I think they put that quote in there because it shows the connection. Katniss went to the Hunger Games to keep Prim alive, so if she still feels in some form that her sister is in the games, she is going to do anything for them. So, she will probably sacrifice anything for Rue. I'm really not sure whether she would still ally with Rue if she wasn't like Prim, but she still might of because Rue appears to be a trustworthy person.
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete